Registration (8/15/2014 - 10/10/2014)
| Historical Data Release (Competition Starts)
| Evaluation Period Starts
| Registration Deadline
| Evaluation Period Ends
| Final Report and Code Due (Competition Ends)
- An upgraded edition from GEFCom2012
- Four tracks: electric load, electricity price, wind power and solar power forecasting.
- Probabilistic forecasting: contestants are required to submit 99 quantiles for each step throughout the forecast horizon.
- Rolling forecasting: incremental data sets are being release on weekly basis to forecast the next period of interest.
- Prizes for winning teams and institutions: up to 3 teams from each track will be recognized as the winning team; top institutions with multiple well-performing teams will be recognized as the winning institutions.
- Global participation: 200+ people from 40+ countries have signed up the GEFCom2014 interest list.